Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rango

It was so funny throughout the movie even though it had a more involved plot than most animated movies. It is more of a teen/adult movie than a kid one, which was a nice surprise. Being from Arizona I liked that it was set in the desert and it made for some interesting metaphors. Like the water I found was kinda like knowledge. "Control the water and control everything." Same goes for knowledge. With that control is a responsibility. I just wish those that controlled the "water" would share it with the rest of us!!!

Getting back on subject. Favorite lines from the film:

No man can walk out of his own story.

We each see what we need to see.

Everyone needs something to believe in.

I was surprised that a cartoon could make that much sense philosophy wise. I have to admit it was a relief that not all animators just want to make cool effects, they actually want to make a difference. One reason I fell in love with movies is I feel that they have the power to change lives. Yes, I know that sounds corny. Deal with it.

Moral of the movie:
We learn who we are when we face ourselves. No matter how ugly that truth is, we can and need to find it. Only then can we get on the path to changing it.

Go see this one. I totally thought it was worth the ticket. Unlike some movies. (Knight and Day) Can I get a refund? Or an Amen? (sorry it's too late. I'm going on tangents)

No comments:

Post a Comment